Senate Committee on Business & Commerce
Sam Houston Building, 370
Video/Audio — Archives
85th First Called Session
85th Regular Session
- May 23, 2017
- May 19, 2017
- May 18, 2017
- May 16, 2017
- May 11, 2017
- May 9, 2017
- May 4, 2017
- May 2, 2017
- April 25, 2017
- April 20, 2017
- April 18, 2017
- April 11, 2017 (Part I, Part II)
- April 6, 2017
- April 4, 2017
- March 30, 2017
- March 28, 2017 (Part I, Part II)
- March 21, 2017 (Part I, Part II)
- March 14, 2017 (Part I, Part II)
- March 9, 2017
- February 28, 2017
The following reports are available for download:
Interim Charges: 2017 Hurricane Harvey Response
- Study infrastructure security and energy restoration post weather events. Identify ways state government entities can help utilities more effectively stage pre- hurricane mobilization crews for managing resources before an event.
- Examine state mortgage requirements regarding the notification of homebuyers on their need for flood insurance in flood plains and flood pool areas and make recommendations on how to better inform consumers.
- Examine local government regulations, including occupational licenses, as related to Hurricane Harvey and determine if any are a detriment to rebuilding efforts.
- Examine and make recommendations on the need for changes to the Texas Constitution for home equity lenders to offer various forms of relief to Texas homeowners affected by natural disasters including, among others, the authority to enter into deferment agreements. This examination should include a study of home equity rules regarding negotiation, modification and refinancing and whether constitutionally established time periods can be waived in times of disasters.