Senate Committee on Intergovernmental Relations
Sam Houston Building, 475
Video/Audio — Archives
86th Regular Session
- May 20, 2019
- May 17, 2019
- May 14, 2019 (Part I, Part II)
- May 13, 2019
- May 10, 2019
- May 8, 2019 — audio only.
- May 7, 2019
- May 2, 2019 — audio only.
- May 1, 2019
- April 30, 2019
- April 29, 2019
- April 24, 2019 — audio only.
- April 23, 2019
- April 16, 2019
- April 15, 2019
- April 9, 2019
- April 8, 2019
- April 1, 2019 — Afternoon hearing, audio only.
- April 1, 2019 — Morning hearing
- March 26, 2019 — audio only
- March 25, 2019 (Part I, Part II)
- March 18, 2019
- March 11, 2019
- March 4, 2019
- February 25, 2019
The following reports are available for download:
- Low-Income Housing Tax Credit Program: Review existing regulations governing the Low-Income Housing Tax Credit Program and the Qualified Allocation Plan to determine whether regulations exist that unnecessarily increase the cost of developing and maintaining affordable housing. Make recommendations to provide regulatory relief and provide greater development of affordable housing in Texas.
- Federal Housing Review: Study all federal housing programs accessible to Texas. Make recommendations that ensure the state maximizes the use of those programs.
- Infrastructure Resiliency: Examine the authority special purpose districts have to generate natural disaster resilient infrastructure. Determine ways state government can work with special purpose districts to mitigate future flooding and promote more resilient infrastructure. Make recommendations on how special purpose districts may use their statutory authority to assist in mitigating damage from future natural disasters.
- Monitoring: Monitor the implementation of legislation addressed by the Senate Committee on Intergovernmental Relations passed by the 86th Legislature, as well as relevant agencies and programs under the committee's jurisdiction. Specifically, make recommendations for any legislation needed to improve, enhance, or complete implementation of the following:
- Senate Bill 1303, relating to landowner rights in a city's extraterritorial jurisdiction;
- Senate Bill 1474, relating to private activity bonds; and
- House Bill 2330, relating to simplifying disaster assistance.