Seal of the Senate of the State of Texas Welcome to the Official Website for the Texas Senate
Seal of the Senate of the State of Texas
Welcome to the official website for the
Texas Senate
Senator Kevin Sparks, District 31

Panhandle Wildfire Relief Resources


AgriStress Helpline Number: 833-897-2474 (Call or Text)

Those in agriculture face an increased risk for suicide and mental health challenges. This is often due to social and geographical isolation, weather variability (such as extreme droughts or flash floods), limited access to health services, and fluctuating commodity prices. All these factors have a direct impact on ag workers’ mental health. Stigma and privacy concerns associated with mental health may mean that many people do not seek out available behavioral health services. If you believe you need assistance in this manner, please call the number above and seek professional assistance. There are resources and solutions available to you.

Texas Department of Agriculture's (TDA) Hay Hotline:

To access TDA's Hay Hotline, please click on this LINK and make an account. There are additional information portals on the Hay Hotline web page. TDA's Hay Hotline helps agriculture producers find forage and hay supplies for sale.


The Dome is currently full of donations and is not accepting items at this time. All people affected by the wildfires should report to the dome as we have so many items: water, clean-up materials, hygiene products, snacks, baby items, etc. We also have a hotline set up at 806-274-0955 for anybody interested in in-person volunteer opportunities or have any questions specific to this area.

We are asking anyone interested in donating monetary donations to send them to the Hutchinson County United Way as they are a local non-profit organization that has waived all their administrative fees and are allocating those funds directly to residents in Hutchinson County (301 W 6th Street Borger, TX / 806-274-5662)

If they want to donate regionally, Amarillo Area Foundation is a great resource for that.

Texas Division of Emergency Management

“We continue to encourage the public to call 2-1-1, visit and monitor local media outlets for the identification of resources.

Texans can report damage to homes, businesses, and agricultural property using the Individual State of Texas Assessment Tool (iSTAT). The iSTAT survey can be filled out in English and Spanish online at and click on “Ongoing Wildfire Incidents."

Texans are encouraged to follow directions from officials, limit activities that may cause sparks or flames, and keep emergency supplies easily accessible. Texans can visit for wildfire tips, for safety information, and to report wildfire damages.

TDEM Panhandle Wildfire(s) Information and Helpful Resources:

TDEM Individuals and Families Directory Page

Texas A&M Forest Service Wildfire Map:

Texas Commission on Environmental Quality Wildfire Page:

Texas Panhandle Wildfires Guidance

TCEQ Wildfire Page

Texas A&M AgriLife Extension Relief Resources

TAMU Resources Page

AUSTIN, TX – The Texas Animal Health Commission (TAHC) coordinated with the state veterinarian offices in Oklahoma and New Mexico to facilitate a waiver of animal movement documentation for livestock producers, amidst the 2024 Texas Panhandle wildfire situation.
Animal owners or producers conducting emergency evacuation of livestock animals to neighboring states should call the TAHC program records department, 512-719-0777, to register animal movement across state lines.

OneStar Foundation – Rebuild Texas Fund

Donation and Grant Application Page:


  • Pantex Federal Credit Union
  • Amarillo National Bank/Borger Bank
  • Red Cross (Red Cross)
  • Amarillo Area Foundation Panhandle Disaster Relief Fund
  • Fritch Volunteer Fire Department
  • Hutchinson County United Way
  • Donations for snacks, non-perishable food, hygiene items, diapers, wipes, formula, first aid supplies, pet supplies and blankets can be taken to the Borger Aluminum Dome, 1113 Bulldog Boulevard.
  • For any information about where and how to donate visit City of Borger (Facebook)



  • First Baptist Church Stinnett (Facebook)
  • Stinnett Volunteer Fire Department



  • Dumas Police Department


  • Celebration Family Church (811 East Broadway) in Fritch is requesting all donations be diverted to the Borger Dome. City of Fritch Residents: much of the city either does not have water yet or is under a boil water notice. We have water here at the church for you to come pick up. [Updated] Water and gas have been restored. All evacuees and fire related resources are in our Event Center (the double doors on the west side). As always contact us here if you have questions or wish to donate directly at: 806-857-3830. If you cannot reach anyone there, contact 806-670-2253. (Fritch)


  • The Texas Panhandle Volunteer Organizations Active in Disaster has resources and is providing info of how you can help (VOAD)

Federal Disaster Resources:

FSA: The Farm Service Agency (FSA) should serve as the primary point of contact for all farmers and ranchers who may be impacted by the disaster. Below is a fact sheet with basic information on many of the Farm Service Agency programs producers should consider, depending on the specifics of their circumstances. We encourage producers to look through USDA’S Disaster Assistance Discovery Tool | which can help producers identify the type of assistance they are looking for.

FACT SHEET NRCS: The Natural Resources Conservation Service can provide disaster assistance to farmers, ranchers, and communities through the Environmental Quality Incentives Program (EQIP), Technical Assistance, and the Emergency Watershed Protection (EWP) Program.


Rural Development: While the primary contact for rural communities impacted by a disaster should be FEMA, Rural Development can provide support to homeowners, businesses and communities to aid in recover and rebuilding. RD can be helpful in providing a long-term response to disasters—through repair to homes, essential community facilities and rural water systems.


Livestock Donations:

    Donation locations for hay, fencing materials and other supplies:
  • Hemphill County Livestock Supply Point
    100 Hackberry Street
    Canadian, Texas 79014
    Andrew Holloway: (806) 323-9114
  • Pampa Bull Barn / Top O' Texas Fairgrounds Livestock Supply Point
    301 Bull Barn Drive
    Pampa, Texas 79065
    Curtis Preston: (806) 946-7467
  • Hutchinson County Airport Livestock Supply Point
    1608 Airport Road
    Borger, Texas 79007
    Hanna Conner: 806-395-7005
  • Roberts County
    Hannah Sell: (806) 868-3191
  • Supply points for livestock and money donation information (Texas A&M Agrilife Today)
  • HF&C Feeds Amarillo says they have set up a donation account at both locations to help those affected by the wildfires. They will be coordinating trucks and trailers for delivery to the Panhandle area over the next few weeks. (Facebook)
  • Texas Cattle Feeders Association: the Texas Panhandle and Western Oklahoma are facing devastation due to several wildfires that have and continue to burn hundreds of thousands of acres. Thank you for the outpouring of support we have already received from so many of you (Texas Cattle Feeders)
  • Texas & Southwestern Cattle Raisers Association is calling on our neighbors to come together as wildfires continue to burn across the Texas Panhandle and Western Oklahoma. Your donations to the TSCRA Disaster Relief Fund will go on to aid cattle raisers in need. (PayPal)

Cash Donations

  • Texas and Southwestern Cattle Raisers Association Disaster Relief Fund: To donate online go to All contributions to the TSCRA Disaster Relief Fund are tax deductible. For more information, contact TSCRA at (800) 242-7820.
  • Oklahoma Cattlemen's Foundation Wildlife Disaster Relief Fund: To donate online, go to, visit the office at 2500 Exchange Ave, Oklahoma City 73108, or mail a check. All contributions to the OCF Disaster Relief Fund are tax deductible. For more ways to help, contact Mariah Reimer at or (405) 308-3030.
  • HF&C Feeds Amarillo: To donate please call 806-622-9800 to donate to the “Disaster Relief Fund”
  • Texas Department of Agriculture STAR Fund: To donate online go to
  • Texas and Southwestern Cattle Raisers Association Fund:
  • Education Credit Union: to donate, visit the ECU Foundation website and select “2024 Wildfire Relief Efforts” from the “My Donation is for” menu (Education Credit Union)
  • Amarillo Area Foundation is accepting monetary donations for the Panhandle Disaster Relief Fund on their website. You can also mail to check made out to AAF — Panhandle Disaster Relief Fund, 919 S. Polk St, Amarillo, TX 79101. (Amarillo Area Foundation)
  • Amarillo National Bank will be accepting public donations at any of our ANB branches into a benefit account going towards the Panhandle Disaster Relief Fund, also at the Amarillo Area Foundation (Amarillo National Bank)
  • BOC Bank is accepting donations at their Miami, Shamrock, McLean, or Amarillo Branches for Roberts County. Donors who wish to specifically help farmers and ranchers restore their agricultural operations should make checks payable to: Unmet Needs-Agriculture. All other donations should be made payable to: Unmet Needs-General. (Facebook)”
  • Working Ranch Cowboys Association (Amarillo, Texas) is accepting monetary donations for the WRCA Foundation's Natural Disaster Relief Fund in support of the ranching community:
  • WRCA also has drop points and individuals available to help with various needs:
    • Drop Points
    • Clyde Carruth Pavilion
      301 Bull Barn Road
      Pampa, TX 79065
      Marcus Preuninger: 806-669-8033
    • Canadian AH&N Ranch Supply
      100 Hackberry St
      Canadian, TX 79014
      Andy Holloway: 806-323-9114
    • Hutchinson County Airport
      1608 Airport Rd
      Borger, TX 79007
      Hannah Conner: 806-395-7005
    • Available to Help
    • Campbell Wagner
      Austin, TX
      has pasture for horses around Austin, TX – willing to meet people & help transport
    • Ryan Erickson
      around Moriarty, NM
      has small hay operation in Nebraska & willing to send some hay
    • Jimmy Fitzgerald
      DeVaca Land & Cattle
      Has labor, equipment, will help however

Fire Departments Accepting Donations:

  • Allison Volunteer Fire Department
    Jim Hall
    PO Box 25
    Allison, TX 79003
    Venmo: AllisonVF-Department
  • Briscoe Volunteer Fire Department
    Rita Pearson
    PO Box 111
    Briscoe, TX 79011
  • Fritch Volunteer Fire Department
    104 N Hoyne Avenue
    Fritch, TX 79036
    Cash App: FVFDAssociation
  • Kelton Volunteer Fire Department
    Shawna Hennig
    16726 FM 2697
    Wheeler, TX 79096
    Venmo: KeltonVFD
  • McLean Volunteer Fire Department
    100 N Waldron
    McLean, Texas 79057
    Venmo: McLeanVolunteer-FireDepartment
  • Miami-Roberts County Volunteer Fire Department
    214 N Main Street
    Miami, TX 79059
    Venmo: MRCVFD
  • Mobeetie Volunteer Fire Department
    Kellie Bryce May
    PO Box 50
    Mobeetie, TX 79061
    Venmo: MobeetieVFD
  • Shamrock Volunteer Fire Department
    Mary Kay Tallant
    Lauren Mendoza
    400 N Main St.
    Shamrock, TX 79079
  • Skellytown Volunteer Fire Department
    PO Box 327
    Skellytown, TX 79080
    Venmo: SKVFD
  • Stinnett Volunteer Fire Department
    Lora Dodson
    PO Box 1183
    Stinnett, TX 79083
    Venmo: Stinnett-Fd
  • Wheeler Volunteer Fire Department
    Kelli Hampton
    PO Box 711
    Wheeler, TX 79096

Veteran Focused Resources:

  • Department of Veterans Affairs
    Following a disaster, the VA can assist you if you encounter some challenges with meeting your mortgage terms. The VA can assist you with this by issuing 90-day moratoriums on foreclosures or waivers for late charges for mortgage payments. Also, the VA may be able to work with your lender to apply pre-payments already made to your upcoming mortgage payment.
    VHA Office of Emergency Management
    Telephone: 304-264-4800
    Fax: 304-264-4499
    Amarillo VA Health Care System Main Phone Line: (806) 355-9703
    VA Health Connect 24/7 Nurse Line: 800-687-8262
  • Texas Veterans of Foreign Wars Veterans Assistance Program (TX VFW)
  • Texas Veterans Commission: If there are any organizations nearby, veterans can call and talk to one of TVC’s grantees for any specific need (TVC)
  • Senator Sparks' Amarillo Office
    Historic Federal Building
    620 S. Taylor Street, Suite 203
    Amarillo, TX 79101
    Phone: (806) 374-8994

Wildfire Preparation and Recovery Insurance Process

The American Property Casualty Insurance Association (APCIA) encourages residents whose property was damaged or destroyed by the wildfires to contact their insurer through their insurers’ toll-free claims number, app, website, or by text to file their claim. Even if residents are still evacuated, they can reach out to their insurer to begin the claims process. Insurers are committed to serving their policyholders in their time of need by quickly reviewing every claim to pay for covered losses.

Homeowners and renters’ insurance policies generally provide coverage for additional living expenses if a covered loss makes your home uninhabitable. The additional living expense provision of your policy may help pay for things like temporary housing, laundry services, restaurant meals, and more, subject to the policy deductible. Residents should also ask their insurer if their policy has coverage for expenses incurred while they are evacuated.

APCIA offers the following tips for navigating the recovery process after a wildfire:

  1. Contact your insurer to get the claims process started. While evacuated, contact your insurer. You do not need to wait until you return home before reaching out to your insurer. Insurers can be contacted via their toll-free number, app, or website.
  2. Discuss coverage for temporary housing with your insurer. If you are not able to live in your home, your insurance policy may provide coverage for additional living expenses which can help you obtain temporary housing while you rebuild or repair your home.
  3. Work closely with your adjuster. Adjusters will walk you through the claims process, answer questions, estimate damage, and settle your claim.
  4. Beware of scammers and unscrupulous contractors. Work with your insurer first and do not get pressured into signing anything from a third-party vendor.
  5. Stay up to date on payments. Continue to pay your mortgage and property taxes while you rebuild or repair your home.
  6. Keep insurance while rebuilding. This is also a good time to evaluate your flood risk and consider your need for flood insurance. Rainy seasons can trigger flooding and mudflows after a wildfire, neither of which are covered under a standard homeowners policy.

For those in an area that may be threatened, but have not yet been ordered to leave, there are steps you can take to protect your finances and reduce your risk.

  1. Update your insurance policy. Contact your insurance company or agent to make sure your policy is up to date.
  2. Create a home inventory. Use your smartphone to take pictures or videos of each room in your house and save it to a place where you can easily retrieve it, like the cloud.
  3. Create five feet of defensible space. When there is a wildfire, embers are the number one enemy. Create a five-foot noncombustible zone around your home and deck, keep mulch and plants away from your home, remove dead trees and shrubs. These actions can help prevent embers from igniting vegetation or other items directly adjacent or connected to your home.

Additional APCIA Resources:
How to Make Your Home Ember Resistant
After the Fire Step-by-Step Recovery Guide
Tips for the Insurance Claims Process
How to Update Your Insurance

The Office of Senator Sparks is not liable for any negative consequences that may occur from using these resources. Please use at your discretion. Thank you for any assistance or support you may provide.