ATTENTION: Your browser appears to have scripting disabled. Aspects of this website require that JavaScript be enabled to function properly.
To ensure full functionality, please enable JavaScript in your browser, or enable scripting for this website.
Seal of the Senate of the State of Texas Welcome to the Official Website for the Texas Senate
Seal of the Senate of the State of Texas
Welcome to the official website for the
Texas Senate
Senator Don Huffines, District 16

Senator Huffines' office provides the following services:





Page Program

State Agencies

To request an appointment with our office or invite Senator Huffines to an event:


To request a Certificate of Recognition:

A congratulatory document signed by the Senator can be provided in recognition of special events such as birthdays, graduations, wedding anniversaries, Eagle Scouts' Court of Honor, church anniversaries.

To request an Honorary Resolution or Memorial Resolution:

A resolution signed by the Senator and Secretary of the Senate can be provided to recognize a significant accomplishment or to remember someone who has passed.

To purchase a Texas Flag to be flown over the Capitol:

A Texas flag can be flown over the State Capitol on a specified future date and a personalized Certificate will be created for the recipient of the flag. The 3' x 5' nylon flag is $15.25 and the 3' x 5' cotton flag is $20.25.
Page Program

To request information on the Senate Page program:

During the legislative session, Senator-sponsored students between the ages of 6 - 18 can serve as an Honorary Page For A Day in the Texas Senate. Shifts are three hours and must be arranged through our Senate office.
State Agencies

To request a list of contact information for State Agencies:

Please click the contact below.

Additionally, a list of helpful phone numbers and websites for select Texas government agencies can be accessed here.
Vivianna Szakacsy
Vivianna Szakacsy
Vivianna Szakacsy
Vivianna Szakacsy
Vivianna Szakacsy
Clarin Gniffke


Are you a resident of Senate District 16? Do you feel like you have been caught in the bureaucratic red-tape of big government? If you believe you aren't receiving assistance from a state agency in a timely fashion, or if you feel like you haven't been treated fairly, I can make an inquiry and request information on your behalf. If you would like assistance in dealing with state agency matters, please fill out the form below and one of my staff members in your area will get in touch with you within 48 business hours. If you need immediate assistance, call my Dallas office at 214-239-6131.

State agencies and other entities with which I can assist you:

  • Department of Assistive and Rehabilitative Services (DARS)
  • Department of Family and Protective Services
    • Child Protective Services (CPS)
  • Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV)
  • Department of Public Safety (DPS)
  • Health & Human Services Commssion
  • Office of the Attorney General (OAG)
    • Child Support
  • Texas Workforce Commission
  • Texas Department of Transportation
  • North Texas Tollway Authority
  • Other State Agencies

Casework Limitations And Restrictions

Please know that my office cannot work around the law, regulations, or procedures set forth by state or federal government. However, my office can act as a liaison between you and a state agency, to act on your behalf and try our best to make sure your case is being handled in an efficient manner. Though I cannot guarantee you a favorable outcome or override a decision made by an agency, my office will do its best to help you receive a fair and timely response to your problem.

Due to my office's role as a state entity, it cannot assist constituents with issues regarding Federal agencies or judicial matters:

Examples of Federal Issues/Agencies
Immigration (VISA Requests / Extensions)
Medicare or the Affordable Care Act
IRS / Federal Income Tax Related Problems
National Security / Defense
Social Security

Examples of Judicial Matters
Ongoing civil or criminal investigations
Any pending legal matters or lawsuits
Court cases

Casework Assistance Form

, TX

I swear or affirm, under penalty of perjury, that I am the person listed in this form and that all information provided is accurate to the best of my knowledge.

I hereby authorize Senator Don Huffines, or his representative, to request information on my behalf, or to speak on my behalf in order to achieve the above stated outcome.