Senate Interim Committee on NAFTA
NOTE: This is archived committee information from the 75th Legislative Session.
Carlos F. Truan
Mario Gallegos, Jr
Video/Audio — Archives
There are no audio/video archives available online for the 75th session.
The following reports are available for download:
- Senate Interim Committee on NAFTA Report to the 76th Legislature (1.8 MB, PDF format)
- Evaluate the impact of North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA) on the Texas economy and determine how different segments of the economy are affected.
- Determine how NAFTA has affected employment and identify any employment losses or gains. Assess how the state's workforce programs have responded to any employment changes and make any necessary recommendations to improve that response.
- Assess the impact NAFTA is having on the state's infrastructure, including but not limited to transportation, education, housing, the environment and health and human services.
- Develop a statewide strategic response plan to the effects of NAFTA in Texas which identifies available and needed resources at the local, state and federal level and provides for a coordinated response.