Leticia Van de Putte
Sam Houston Building, 470
Video/Audio — Archives
Hearing Documents and Press Items
- December 6, 2004 – Updated list of Texans fallen in Operation Enduring Freedom and Operation Iraqi Freedom
- May 21, 2004 – Van De Putte, Corte Collecting Goods for Soldiers and Families
- February 24, 2004 – VA, Women Legislators and DAV to Preserve History
- October 2003 – U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs' release of statistics about America's wars
- Fall 2003 – The Chair's recent communication with Lieutenant General Ricardo S. Sanchez and his family
The following reports are available for download:
- Study the impact of recent state and federal legislation with regard to protecting the personal privacy of Veterans' discharge records.
- Study existing language of the Hazelwood Act (Section 54.203, Education Code) which entitles wartime veterans and their children to a waiver of tuition and fees at some State-supported colleges and universities, and make recommendations, including cost estimates, on possible amendments to this Act to permit Veterans who have not fully used their entitlement under the Act to pass on residual benefits to their children.
- Monitor the Texas Education Agency's (TEA) implementation of HB 591, relating to reciprocity agreements between states concerning admissions of military personnel, and HB 261, relating to instate tuition levels for military personnel.