Mario Gallegos, Jr
Juan "Chuy" Hinojosa
Sam Houston Building, 350
Video/Audio — Archives
79th Session Interim
79th Regular Session
The following reports are available for download:
- Examine and make recommendations relating to the jurisdiction of statutory county courts, including the development of standardized language for Chapter 25, Government Code, to confer specific types of jurisdiction on statutory county courts and to ensure the statutes are clear and concise.
- Examine and make recommendations to improve court oversight of fiduciaries appointed to make financial and personal decisions for wards as well as those appointed to administer an estate or trust.
- Study and make recommendations relating to the use and cost benefits of electronic recording as an alternative method of preserving records of official court proceedings.
- Monitor the implementation of SB 1863, 79th Legislature, Regular Session, specifically the Collection Improvement Program, which seeks to improve the collection of criminal court fees, fines and costs. Make recommendations to increase the effectiveness of the Collection Improvement Program and determine if any statutory changes are necessary.
- Study and make recommendations relating to the possible uses and need for statutory directives regarding the use of collaborative law procedures.
- Review statutes, regulations, guidelines, and formulas relating to child support and make recommendations, if necessary, to ensure adequate support, including educational expenses, for children.